Everyone must have a go at winning iPad!
Published at 13:53, Friday, 14 September 2012
NEVER say never is the message from our latest lucky iPad winner.
Stephanie Pearson, 54, managed to pick up the brand new third generation Apple iPad for 70p, after she held the lowest unique bid in The Cumberland News’ reverse auction.
She had bid “two or three times” for the technology, but admitted she does not enter many competitions.
“I don’t tend to be very lucky,” said Stephanie, of Station Hill, Wigton. “But I really wanted an iPad and I’ve entered the last two or three competitions.
“Last time I actually had a unique bid, but it wasn’t the lowest, so I fancied my chances and had a go.
“If you don’t try, you’ll never win so I’d say everyone should have a go.”
She added: “I’m really happy.”
Stephanie, who works in a butcher’s shop in Carlisle, is unsure whether she will be able to keep it though, or whether it will be ‘claimed’ by her son.
Although not successful in the reverse auction, David Wilson, of Thomas Street, in Denton Holme, Carlisle, and Cath Slack, from Ireby, were randomly selected to win £50 cash each.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Closing and reopening St Bees School would waste £1m - campaigners
- Majority Labour group refuses to join elected mayor's executive
- Man fell from roof while being chased, Carlisle court told
- 'Stupid beyond belief' drink-driver sentenced by Carlisle court
- Spoiled votes did not affect Copeland mayoral result, says runner-up
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (127 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (32 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)