Eden Bridge road near Penrith closed for two weeks
Published at 15:53, Monday, 03 June 2013
A road near Penrith will be closed to motorists for two weeks from today while permanent traffic signals are installed.
Diversions will be put in place while the work is carried out on the B6413 between Lazonby and Kirkoswald at Eden Bridge. Cumbria County Council will be working with Telent Ltd to install cables across the bridge along with traffic signals and mains power to the site.
Minor repairs to the surface and work on oak trees on the grass verge will also be carried out while the road is closed.
A signed diversion route will be in place via the A6 and Armathwaite bridge. Pedestrians and dismounted cyclists can continue to use the bridge and access will remain open to the recycling area and swimming pool from Lazonby.
A spokesman for Cumbria County Council said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the road closure. Unfortunately, due to the limited width it is not possible to safely install the signals while keeping the road open to vehicles.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Closing and reopening St Bees School would waste £1m - campaigners
- Majority Labour group refuses to join elected mayor's executive
- Man fell from roof while being chased, Carlisle court told
- 'Stupid beyond belief' drink-driver sentenced by Carlisle court
- Spoiled votes did not affect Copeland mayoral result, says runner-up
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (132 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)