Man jailed for stealing paper boy’s Christmas present
Last updated at 09:41, Friday, 11 January 2013
A man who stole a bike from a newspaper delivery boy just weeks after he got it for Christmas has been sent to prison by Carlisle magistrates.
Aiden Luke Patterson, 20, of Skiddaw View, Penrith, pleaded guilty to stealing the Bianchi pedal cycle worth £650 on January 6.
Diane Jackson, prosecuting, told the court that the boy was doing his paper round and went into the newsagents shop on Blackwell Road leaving the bike he got for Christmas outside. When he returned the bike had gone.
Patterson was later spotted riding the bike in the Lancaster Street area of Carlisle and arrested by police.
The bike was returned to the boy.
Patterson, who also pleaded guilty to smashing car windows at the David Hayton garage in Penrith, was jailed for 40 days and ordered to pay £300 compensation.
First published at 09:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (24 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Police confirm body found during search was missing pensioner
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss loses fight to clear his name
- Carlisle pensioner charged with child and animal pornography offences
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site