Cumbrian brothers fought over content of 'racy' film
Published at 08:34, Friday, 24 February 2012
Two brothers ended up brawling after one of them put on a DVD the other thought was too racy to be watched in front of their mother.
Gavin Newman, 32, was unhappy with Ryan Newman’s choice of film due to its sex scenes and so the pair started fighting, city magistrates heard.
When the fight spilled into the garden, their mum called 999.
Gary Newman, of Ellesmere Way, Morton, Carlisle, appeared before Carlisle magistrates and admitted threatening behaviour on February 7.
He was sentenced to a six-month community order and put on a curfew for four weeks.
His brother had already received a 12-month community order.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Cumbrian farmer's ‘difficult time’ after claims about private life published
- Graham Teasdale has been ordered to knock down his £400,000 house – but he’ll risk jail rather than demolish it
- Thousand-year flood nightmare
- From tiny hamlet to 1920s housing
- Improvements at failing Carlisle secondary school
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)