Cumbrian brothers fought over content of 'racy' film
Published at 08:34, Friday, 24 February 2012
Two brothers ended up brawling after one of them put on a DVD the other thought was too racy to be watched in front of their mother.
Gavin Newman, 32, was unhappy with Ryan Newman’s choice of film due to its sex scenes and so the pair started fighting, city magistrates heard.
When the fight spilled into the garden, their mum called 999.
Gary Newman, of Ellesmere Way, Morton, Carlisle, appeared before Carlisle magistrates and admitted threatening behaviour on February 7.
He was sentenced to a six-month community order and put on a curfew for four weeks.
His brother had already received a 12-month community order.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Closing and reopening St Bees School would waste £1m - campaigners
- Majority Labour group refuses to join elected mayor's executive
- Man fell from roof while being chased, Carlisle court told
- 'Stupid beyond belief' drink-driver sentenced by Carlisle court
- Spoiled votes did not affect Copeland mayoral result, says runner-up
- Headteacher probe at Silloth school continuing
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Some useful contact numbers for Brampton
- Brampton Local History Group
- Brampton Fairtrade Town Group
- New homes are what town needs
- Farewell to popular and much-loved Lanes newsagent Helen
- Workington Town flop at home to Batley
- Thieves steal cash from car in Brampton
- First time visit to Wembley still fondly remembered - even the price of a hot dog makes me smile