Cumbria police hunt burglars who stole jewellery worth £25,000
Published at 08:02, Friday, 09 March 2012
Jewellery worth more than £25,000 has been stolen from a house in Longtown.
Thieves made off with the haul from a house in Arthuret Drive which included:
- A 24-carat gold bracelet with gold links and a hook clasp worth £11,500;
- An 18-carat diamond solitaire ring worth £3,000;
- A 24-carat necklace with a bead dropper in the shape of a heart worth £7,000;
- A gold ring with a dragon design worth £1,000;
- A ruby and diamond ring worth £1,500.
- Police said the total value of the haul – which included £650 in cash – was £26,000. The burglary happened on March 1.
The items are of Asian design and anyone offered jewellery in suspicious circumstances is asked to call police on 101.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk