Ceremony welcomes reverend to University of Cumbria
Published at 14:22, Friday, 17 January 2014
A special ceremony will take place today to welcome the University of Cumbria’s new chaplaincy co-ordinator.
A licensing ceremony will be conducted by the Bishop of Blackburn, the Right Rev Julian Henderson, to welcome the Rev Alexandra Logan.
She originally trained as a youth and community worker at St Martin’s College in Lancaster, which is now the university’s Bowerham Road campus and is where she is based.
Ms Logan said: “I am delighted to be returning to the university where I was a student for a year, and to the Diocese of Blackburn where I was a curate. For me this is a real homecoming.”
Ms Logan will oversee chaplaincy work across all university sites including Carlisle but she will have particular responsibility for the Lancaster campus.
She will work closely with the Rev Matthew Firth, chaplain to the Carlisle campuses, as well as the university’s honorary chaplains and lay workers.
Ms Logan has been in ordained ministry for 11 years and trained in Cambridge.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (4 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Carlisle Utd legend’s heartbreak at daughter’s mystery death
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site