Carlisle's Central Plaza: From city jewel to eyesore
It was once one of the jewels in Carlisle’s heritage crown. But years of neglect and indecision have reduced the 84-bedroom Central Plaza Hotel to an eyesore, targeted by arsonists, vandals and thieves.
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)