Carlisle MP John Stevenson to marry in April
Published at 14:30, Friday, 01 March 2013
Carlisle MP John Stevenson and his long-time partner Tracy Nixon will marry in April.
The couple’s spring wedding, attended by family and close friends, will take place at the city’s Church of Scotland in Chapel Street.
Invitations to guests depict a thistle and a rose – the thistle for John who hails from Aberdeen, and an English rose for his bride.
John, who will be 50 in July, and Tracy have been together for more than six years. They share a home in Great Corby.
“We’re both very happy and are looking forward to our wedding day enormously,” he said.
Elected as Carlisle’s Conservative MP in 2010, winning the seat from Labour, Mr Stevenson has been deeply involved in Carlisle and north Cumbrian politics for more than 15 years. He is chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Food and Drink.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Boss of Cumbrian takeaway admits breaking immigration law
- Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Anger as new homes approved despite 300 objections (41 comments)
- Public inquiry into plans for west Cumbria nuclear waste dump (12 comments)
- Athletics coach killed himself after child sex arrest
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)