Carlisle man entered area he was banned from
Last updated at 16:23, Friday, 23 March 2012
A man has admitted breaching an anti-social behaviour order (asbo) after he was caught cycling in an area he was banned from.
Jordan Gray, 20, of Spencer Street, Carlisle, was caught cycling by police on Hart Street and Broad Street in the city on March 10. His asbo, imposed in April 2010, does end until April 14 this year.
Gray said it was a “genuine mistake” and thought the order had finished.
He told magistrates: "I’d stayed out of the area for two years and genuinely thought the order was over.”
Gray was fined £67 plus £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
First published at 14:05, Friday, 23 March 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (15 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (37 comments)
- New bridge set to be built between Currock and Denton Holme (27 comments)
- Windfall for Cumbria as four-year deal struck with Tour of Britain (25 comments)