Carlisle man accused of falsifying mileage on cars
Last updated at 14:51, Friday, 01 February 2013
A man has appeared in court accused of reducing the mileage on vehicles and of falsifying service records.
Ross Neville, 22, of Dowbeck Road, off Wigton Road, Carlisle, faces 15 counts of fraud by false representation. He entered no plea when he appeared before city magistrates, speaking only to confirm his name and address.
The alleged offences could be dealt with at either a magistrates’ or crown court, but prosecutor Diane Jackson asked magistrates to consider declining jurisdiction.
She explained that the case involved allegations that Neville had reduced the mileage on vehicles or falsified a service history, in order to sell on cars at a profit.
She said the large sums of money alleged to be involved meant it was only suitable for the crown court.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction in the case. Neville was released on unconditional bail, prior to his first appearance at Carlisle Crown Court in April.
First published at 14:28, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Boss of Cumbrian takeaway admits breaking immigration law
- Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Anger as new homes approved despite 300 objections (41 comments)
- Public inquiry into plans for west Cumbria nuclear waste dump (12 comments)
- Athletics coach killed himself after child sex arrest
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)