Brave Noah's grand entrance to fundraising gala dinner
Last updated at 08:37, Friday, 04 July 2014
Guests at a gala dinner got more than they expected after being presented with a book based on a young disabled boy’s life.
Noah Wall, two, made quite an entrance to the event at Armathwaite Hall last night, appearing dressed in a bespoke suit and in a personalised ride-on car.
The #HugsForNoah event was held to raise money for charity and awareness of spina bifida, and how folic acid and B12 supplements can help prevent the condition.
Noah was born paralysed from the chest down but has since gone on to defy doctors’ expectation.
His mum Shelly, of Abbeytown, has written a book based on his life, which was given to guests at the gala event.
She said: “I wanted to incorporate a very basic story that children could understand when they are young.
“He goes on a trip to the zoo and has his best friend Geoffrey the Giraffe.
“So many people have done something for this gala and it’s made for an amazing event.”
The event also included raffle items donated by Workington Reds, Tesco, and celebrities including champion boxer Amir Khan.
The gala was run alongside an eBay auction, timed to finish during the festivities at 11pm.
And for the big entrance Noah was dressed in a suit from Steeds tailors of Carlisle and a car donated by Maplins electronics.
Regarding the help and assistance from others, Shelly said: “It’s amazing the journey that Noah is going on.
“It shows you that we have the most generous people in Cumbria, and it’s an amazing place to live.”
And she explained that the aim of events like the gala is to ensure that parents are aware that folic acid can play a key role in preventing spina bifida.
She said: “I think it’s important to teach people that the only way is to start right at the beginning.
“I share the story and hope somebody passes it on, because it’s important to pass the message on.”
For more information go to hugsfornoah.co.uk.
First published at 08:35, Friday, 04 July 2014
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (7 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
In west Cumbria
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)