Big Wig Ball in Carlisle aims to help children with cancer
Last updated at 15:36, Friday, 22 February 2013
Big, bold and beautiful will be the order of the day at a ball to help children with cancer.
The Big Wig Ball is being held at Carlisle’s Hallmark Hotel next Saturday, March 2.
The fundraiser is the idea of Brampton businesswoman Janice Grieves, who owns two beauty salons in the town.
She has organised it with Jodie Armstrong, who owns Belle Wedding Boutique in Carlisle.
A group of girls – who included a Miss Cumbria contestant and a child cancer survivor – helped promote the event in Brampton. Hannah McGeoghegan, 19, of Stanwix, Carlisle, the beauty contest contender, told The Cumberland News: “Some people in my family have had cancer and I thought the Big Wig Ball was just a good idea.”
The ball will raise money for the charity CLIC Sargent, which supports children with cancer.
The event will also feature a three-course meal and entertainment from local band The 45s.
For tickets, contact Mrs Grieves on 016977 3866 or follow @BigWigBall on Twitter.
First published at 15:35, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
In west Cumbria
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)