Artist judges farming calendar
Published at 12:21, Monday, 05 November 2012
ONE of the country’s foremost animal artists has helped judge photographs in a competition to create a company’s charity calendar.
H&H Group enlisted Mary Ann Rogers to help decide their 2013 publication, The Farming Year.
Proceeds from its sale will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Photographs featuring on the cover and for the calendar months resulted from a cross-company competition with more than 120 entries received from the company’s employees.
This year’s winning photograph for the front cover was taken by John Turner, a chartered surveyor with H&H Land and Property, with his photograph entitled Snow Capped Fells above Haweswater.
Mary Ann, who lives and works in West Woodburn, Northumberland, is renowned for her Swaledale sheep, cockerel, hounds and pheasant paintings.
She said: “I’ve tried to choose pictures that reflect some unique features of country life that people living in Cumbria would recognise.”
H&H chief executive Brian Richardson said: “The company calendar was more than just a customer give-away. It’s a business initiative designed to bring the different companies which form H&H Group PLC together into one publication.
“The calendar is one way of showing true team spirit.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (28 comments)
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (38 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Our princely friend helps us to realise we are special
- Carlisle's Civic Centre could be knocked down (86 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (20 comments)