New liaison officer aims to improve relations between supporters and Carlisle Utd board
Last updated at 12:10, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Carlisle United’s new supporter liaison officer says he is willing to meet with disgruntled fans and ensure the board listens to their concerns.
Nigel Dickinson will act as a go-between on issues from the price of a half-time pint to the controversial move to a new ground at Kingmoor Park.
Supporter liaison officers have been introduced at all Premier League and Football League clubs by UEFA to help improve communication between fans and the clubs they support.
Dickinson, who has been Carlisle’s operations manager since 2008, wants to set up a small committee of a cross-section of fans to provide feedback on the club at meetings every six to eight weeks. He believes it will help the club engage better with its fanbase and generate new ideas to improve facilities.
“Any supporter issues will come through me and this is an opportunity for them to have a voice,” he said. “We would like to get supporters together to have a discussion group and get feedback to generate some positive ideas.
“The key objectives are transparency and improving communications. Fans have more opportunity than ever to talk about their concerns.
“The club owners, coaches and players come and go but fans are always there, and my role is to bridge the gap between fans and the club to improve dialogue.”
First published at 12:08, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (18 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (15 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (12 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)