New injury woe for Carlisle Utd's Danny Cadamarteri
Last updated at 11:36, Monday, 04 February 2013
Danny Cadamarteri’s Carlisle United woes have deepened with another injury that kept him out of the impressive win at Tranmere.
The experienced striker is battling a new ankle problem that will be assessed this week.
It is the latest in a string of injuries as the 33-year-old struggles to make an impact in 2013 following his bright start to the season.
And it comes just as manager Greg Abbott was hoping to have a clean bill of health across his squad for the first time this season.
Cadamarteri’s injury makes Rory Loy’s return to goalscoring form all the more timely.
The Scot will now bid to keep his place in United’s attack alongside Lee Miller against Stevenage next weekend.
By then Abbott will be hoping to have Chris Chantler available after the left-back’s own ankle problem kept him out of Saturday’s victory.
Fellow defenders Mike Edwards and Peter Murphy both returned to the squad at Prenton Park following hamstring and calf problems respectively.
United’s youth game against Rochdale on Saturday was postponed due to a frozen pitch.
First published at 11:32, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)