Netherhall see off Red House to close on top spot
Last updated at 12:28, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Netherhall are within a win of reclaiming top spot in the Cumberland Premier Division after a comfortable 3-0 win at Workington Red House.
Following a sloppy start to the campaign, Netherhall were stranded in mid-table, but a good run of results has seen them reduce Windscale’s lead to just two points.
Securing a fifth win of the season, Netherhall took the lead through Andrew Lloyd, and ensured victory with two Keith Anderson headers after the break.
Silloth are third, a point behind Netherhall, but had to settle for a drew with mid-table Carlisle City Reserves. The duo shared a six-goal thriller, drawing 3-3 thanks to strikes for Andy Hinde, Mark Glencross and Brian Hayes.
Cleator Moor Celtic Reserves were well beaten 2-0 at Longtown.
Workington Red Star lost narrowly to Whitehaven Miners in the first division. Matt Perry scored for Workington, who succumbed to strikes from Anthony Douglas and Ryan Cornish.
Whitehaven Reserves beat Parton 4-2.
Keith Skillen scored twice, but couldn’t stop Cockermouth losing their preliminary round of the Conway Cup to St Bees.
First published at 12:24, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)