Near naked movie scenes mean Cumbrian actor has to hit gym
Last updated at 15:05, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
An actor has had to get into shape ready for baring almost all in his new movie role.
Garry Bedford plays the starring role in new British comedy flick Zip-Code.
He landed the part of Ronnie Connelly in the film, which features three separate stories about one family.
As the dad of the grown-up family who doesn’t take life seriously, Garry said the role came easily to him.
“Ronnie very much reminds me of myself, but in reality I am far worse,” he said.
Garry, who lives in Distington, has plenty of travelling to look forward to when filming starts in and around Milton Keynes next month.
The film’s concept was derived by Russell North and Chris Frank and is influenced by The Simpsons, The Inbetweeners, and American Pie.
Russell said he picked Garry for the lead because of his personality.
“Garry is a naturally funny guy with very quick repartee and the role requires this so it was an easy decision to cast him for the main role,” he said.
Garry has also had to put in some hard graft in order to be in tiptop shape for the part.
He said: “I intend to fully repay the faith Chris and Russell have placed in me with 100 per cent commitment.
“There’s some near naked scenes in the movie so the gym has been a must for starters.”
Garry’s first acting role came playing Garry The Gun in boxing movie New City Fighter. The first scenes for Zip-Code will be shot on June 14.
He said: “I am so excited about this role and my preparations started weeks ago.
“The cast are brilliant to get along with and so funny, its all about getting that chemistry to hit the screen.”
A Kickstarter campaign – search for Zip-Code on Facebook – is running to help with production expenses but filmmakers say this does not affect the start up of the movie production.
First published at 15:02, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- From Carlisle airport to New York for just £200? (22 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (7 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (50 comments)
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)