Motorway near Carlisle closed after vehicle overturns
Last updated at 15:19, Monday, 21 January 2013
Police closed a stretch of the M6 motorway in north Cumbria after a Land Rover towing a trailer of bullocks overturned.
The incident happened northbound, just past Southwaite, at about 11.40am.
The route was closed until 2pm while emergency services and a vet attended the scene to assist with moving the four animals.
The Land Rover Discovery driver, a 63-year-old man from the Penrith area, had to be freed from his vehicle by firefighters.
He was treated at the scene by ambulance staff before being taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, said police.
The bullocks were unhurt.
There were significant delays in the area.
Drivers were advised to either wait at Southwaite services or leave the motorway at junction 41 and travel on the A6 northbound.
First published at 12:28, Monday, 21 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Hair today gone tomorrow in bid to help soldiers and their families
- Curle: Investor mystery not affecting my Carlisle Utd rebuilding job
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (1 comment)
- Cumbrian mum meets air medics who tried to save her son
- Glowing report real tonic for Dalston practice