Miracle recovery for kittens found dumped near Carlisle
Last updated at 12:11, Monday, 04 February 2013
Two kittens left dumped by the roadside so ill that they both lost an eye have made a miracle recovery and are now in need of new homes.
The friendly kittens, named Gideon and Clancy, were found in Dalston with horrific eye injuries and suffering from cat flu.
The playful pair have now made a full recovery – although they both lost an eye – and are looking for a new home together.
“They were at Paragon vets’ for a couple of weeks before they were well enough to be fostered,” said Joanne Park, a Carlisle foster carer with the Blue Cross. “We’ve had a lot of interest from people with other cats but they can’t go to a home with other animals.”
She said the two male cats were ‘perfectly normal’ but cannot be let outside due to their restricted eyesight.
“They’re bonkers – they have been since day one!,” added Joanne. “It was touch and go with Gideon – but the vet was amazing.”
Joanne, who has been fostering animals with Blue Cross since October 2010, has other cats and kittens also looking for homes. “We get them all year – it’s constant,” she said.
To find out more about the kittens or to make a donation towards their care, phone the fostering team on 01228 598219.
First published at 11:42, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auction of late TV celebrity's possessions
- Major flaws found in heating systems at homes in Cumbrian town
- Double the delight for singer Maddy Prior at Cumbria university graduation
- Farmer’s wind turbine plan rejected by Eden councillors
- Celtic Nation in turmoil as owner sells, manager quits (30 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)
- Barrister buys historic Cumbrian hall to restore for son, 10 (14 comments)