Marketing manager leaves Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 11:55, Monday, 10 December 2012
Carlisle United’s sales and marketing manager has left the club – and will not be replaced.
The Blues have parted company with Clair Fidler after just 19 months.
And the cash-strapped club is not advertising for a successor as United embark on more “restructuring” behind the scenes at Brunton Park.
It is understood that managing director John Nixon and commercial director Dick Young will oversee matters in Fidler’s department for the foreseeable future.
Commercial controller Jenny Anderson remains at the club.
Fidler arrived in April last year having worked under Karren Brady at Birmingham City, before spells at Notts County, Peterborough, Nuneaton and Walsall.
She took up the newly created post at United with the aim of doubling the club’s commercial revenue in the following year.
But Carlisle’s managing director John Nixon recently spoke about the difficulties faced by the club in that department.
United were unavailable for comment.
First published at 11:43, Monday, 10 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (29 comments)
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (9 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (31 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)