Man who died after Carlisle house fire named
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 18 February 2013
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who lost his life following a house fire.
Henry Allan Cresswell, 66, died after a blaze at his home in Linton Street, near London Road, Carlisle, last Tuesday.
Firefighters had got Mr Cresswell out of the house and he was treated by paramedics. But crews said he died at the scene.
Both police and the fire service said early indications suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
The inquest was opened by the North and West Cumbria Coroner, David Roberts who then adjourned it until July.
First published at 11:56, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (130 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)