Man who died after Carlisle house fire named
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 18 February 2013
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who lost his life following a house fire.
Henry Allan Cresswell, 66, died after a blaze at his home in Linton Street, near London Road, Carlisle, last Tuesday.
Firefighters had got Mr Cresswell out of the house and he was treated by paramedics. But crews said he died at the scene.
Both police and the fire service said early indications suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
The inquest was opened by the North and West Cumbria Coroner, David Roberts who then adjourned it until July.
First published at 11:56, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (33 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)