Man who died after Carlisle house fire named
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 18 February 2013
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who lost his life following a house fire.
Henry Allan Cresswell, 66, died after a blaze at his home in Linton Street, near London Road, Carlisle, last Tuesday.
Firefighters had got Mr Cresswell out of the house and he was treated by paramedics. But crews said he died at the scene.
Both police and the fire service said early indications suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
The inquest was opened by the North and West Cumbria Coroner, David Roberts who then adjourned it until July.
First published at 11:56, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (7 comments)
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)