Man who died after Carlisle house fire named
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 18 February 2013
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who lost his life following a house fire.
Henry Allan Cresswell, 66, died after a blaze at his home in Linton Street, near London Road, Carlisle, last Tuesday.
Firefighters had got Mr Cresswell out of the house and he was treated by paramedics. But crews said he died at the scene.
Both police and the fire service said early indications suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
The inquest was opened by the North and West Cumbria Coroner, David Roberts who then adjourned it until July.
First published at 11:56, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (4 comments)
- Carlisle man harassed ex-partner within days of leaving prison
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (1 comment)
- Carlisle man refused benefits - for the sake of £3 NI shortfall
- How long until Cumbria gets 4G or even decent 3G coverage?
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (4 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)