Man who died after Carlisle house fire named
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 18 February 2013
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who lost his life following a house fire.
Henry Allan Cresswell, 66, died after a blaze at his home in Linton Street, near London Road, Carlisle, last Tuesday.
Firefighters had got Mr Cresswell out of the house and he was treated by paramedics. But crews said he died at the scene.
Both police and the fire service said early indications suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
The inquest was opened by the North and West Cumbria Coroner, David Roberts who then adjourned it until July.
First published at 11:56, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Hair today gone tomorrow in bid to help soldiers and their families
- Curle: Investor mystery not affecting my Carlisle Utd rebuilding job
- Cumbrian mum meets air medics who tried to save her son
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (1 comment)
- Glowing report real tonic for Dalston practice