Man's hands caught in 35-ton power press at Cumbrian factory - court
Last updated at 09:45, Monday, 11 February 2013
Packaging firm Smurfit Kappa Ltd entered a guilty plea before a judge to a charge of failing to ensure the safety of its employees.
At Carlisle Crown Court, the firm’s lawyers entered a guilty plea to a single charge.
It arose out of an incident at the firm’s premises in Hensingham, Whitehaven on September 14, 2010.
An earlier hearing was told how a 23-year-old employee got his hands caught in a 35-ton power press.
The case was brought by the Health & Safety Executive following an investigation.
Sentence in the case was adjourned until March 21.
First published at 09:41, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with