Man's hands caught in 35-ton power press at Cumbrian factory - court
Last updated at 09:45, Monday, 11 February 2013
Packaging firm Smurfit Kappa Ltd entered a guilty plea before a judge to a charge of failing to ensure the safety of its employees.
At Carlisle Crown Court, the firm’s lawyers entered a guilty plea to a single charge.
It arose out of an incident at the firm’s premises in Hensingham, Whitehaven on September 14, 2010.
An earlier hearing was told how a 23-year-old employee got his hands caught in a 35-ton power press.
The case was brought by the Health & Safety Executive following an investigation.
Sentence in the case was adjourned until March 21.
First published at 09:41, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)