Man's hands caught in 35-ton power press at Cumbrian factory - court
Last updated at 09:45, Monday, 11 February 2013
Packaging firm Smurfit Kappa Ltd entered a guilty plea before a judge to a charge of failing to ensure the safety of its employees.
At Carlisle Crown Court, the firm’s lawyers entered a guilty plea to a single charge.
It arose out of an incident at the firm’s premises in Hensingham, Whitehaven on September 14, 2010.
An earlier hearing was told how a 23-year-old employee got his hands caught in a 35-ton power press.
The case was brought by the Health & Safety Executive following an investigation.
Sentence in the case was adjourned until March 21.
First published at 09:41, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man arrested after serious Carlisle car crash
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Carlisle club once sold for £2m fails to reach auction reserve
- Record deal for Carlisle singer's X Factor group Only The Young
- Story writes-off £1.1m loan to Carlisle Utd (27 comments)