Man hurt in gang attack on Carlisle street
Published at 10:59, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
A man needed hospital treatment after he was attacked by a gang in Carlisle.
The 23-year-old was near the Sheepmount athletics stadium when he was set upon by three men in the early hours of the morning.
He suffered cuts and bruises but was not seriously injured.
One of the alleged attackers was wearing a black jacket, another was wearing a white jacket and the third was wearing an orange hooded jumper.
A 23-year-old man from Carlisle was arrested in connection with the incident, which happened at about 2am on Saturday.
He was later released without charge.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Royal Marine puts career on line after driving 'like an idiot'
- Cumbrian pensioner spent six weeks living in car in London in bid to recover life savings
- Carlisle's Swallow Hilltop Hotel to close
- Archbishop of Canterbury licenses Haughey wedding in the Cathedral
- Actor Tim’s heart in Silloth, no matter how far job takes him
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (15 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (37 comments)
- New bridge set to be built between Currock and Denton Holme (27 comments)
- Windfall for Cumbria as four-year deal struck with Tour of Britain (25 comments)