Man hurt in gang attack on Carlisle street
Published at 10:59, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
A man needed hospital treatment after he was attacked by a gang in Carlisle.
The 23-year-old was near the Sheepmount athletics stadium when he was set upon by three men in the early hours of the morning.
He suffered cuts and bruises but was not seriously injured.
One of the alleged attackers was wearing a black jacket, another was wearing a white jacket and the third was wearing an orange hooded jumper.
A 23-year-old man from Carlisle was arrested in connection with the incident, which happened at about 2am on Saturday.
He was later released without charge.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)