Man hurt in gang attack on Carlisle street
Published at 10:59, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
A man needed hospital treatment after he was attacked by a gang in Carlisle.
The 23-year-old was near the Sheepmount athletics stadium when he was set upon by three men in the early hours of the morning.
He suffered cuts and bruises but was not seriously injured.
One of the alleged attackers was wearing a black jacket, another was wearing a white jacket and the third was wearing an orange hooded jumper.
A 23-year-old man from Carlisle was arrested in connection with the incident, which happened at about 2am on Saturday.
He was later released without charge.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- 40 new jobs on cards as KFC plans Carlisle drive-through (3 comments)
- 'Parking charges will ruin a lot of people’s livelihoods,’ says Carlisle trader (38 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)