Man hurt in gang attack on Carlisle street
Published at 10:59, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
A man needed hospital treatment after he was attacked by a gang in Carlisle.
The 23-year-old was near the Sheepmount athletics stadium when he was set upon by three men in the early hours of the morning.
He suffered cuts and bruises but was not seriously injured.
One of the alleged attackers was wearing a black jacket, another was wearing a white jacket and the third was wearing an orange hooded jumper.
A 23-year-old man from Carlisle was arrested in connection with the incident, which happened at about 2am on Saturday.
He was later released without charge.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)