Man found dead at Cumbrian camp site named
Last updated at 09:23, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man who died at a north Cumbrian camp site has been named.
Christopher Bainbridge, aged 45, of Darlington, was found dead in a wooden camping pod at The Quiet Site Caravan Park in Watermillock, Penrith, on Monday afternoon.
His wife Jane, 42, was also found in the pod and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, where she remains in a serious condition.
Early indications suggest they had been poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Police say they are in the early stages of an investigation.
A post mortem is being held today and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
First published at 12:30, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Top doctor blasts his ‘frightening’ stay at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary
- Carlisle school ‘still one of best’ despite Ofsted blow, claims head
- North Cumbria farmers frustrated over bridge closure
- Carlisle city centre clothes shop closing down (32 comments)
- Carlisle bar to close for £500,000 facelift
- Ex-Liverpool wide-man signs for Carlisle Utd (25 comments)
- Carlisle council leader Joe Hendry has died (40 comments)
- Carlisle Utd back in Lee Miller talks (23 comments)
- Carlisle College gets planning go-ahead for £5.3m arts and media centre (6 comments)
- Parking free-for-all after yellow lines blunder (21 comments)