Man found dead at Cumbrian camp site named
Last updated at 09:23, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man who died at a north Cumbrian camp site has been named.
Christopher Bainbridge, aged 45, of Darlington, was found dead in a wooden camping pod at The Quiet Site Caravan Park in Watermillock, Penrith, on Monday afternoon.
His wife Jane, 42, was also found in the pod and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, where she remains in a serious condition.
Early indications suggest they had been poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Police say they are in the early stages of an investigation.
A post mortem is being held today and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
First published at 12:30, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (137 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (35 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)