Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Railway Station named alongside nation's greats
- What’s in store as Paris comes to Carlisle at old Hoopers' site
- Carlisle boss: We will not be relegated (36 comments)
- Sausage roll eating osteopath now working in Carlisle rapped
- Cumbrian school with no pupils costs £8,000 a month to run (8 comments)
- New department store for Carlisle's empty Hoopers building (25 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (34 comments)
- 'We're hidden in full view because we look like the guy next door' (16 comments)