Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- One man's fight to gain academic recognition for theatre skill
- Road rage van driver sent to jail
- ‘Negroes, cattle and horses’ on the inventory of goods at Lowther Hall sugar plantation
- Melvyn Bragg pays tribute after his mother dies, aged 95
- Air medic called to Cumbria shootings was army expert in treating gunshot wounds
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (1 comment)
- Hair today gone tomorrow in bid to help soldiers and their families
- Alexa Danielle Gartland and Liam Aplin
- Curle: Investor mystery not affecting my Carlisle Utd rebuilding job
- Carlisle Utd fans agree with Knighton over 'billionaire' investor