Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Utd boss not surprised if Blues have to fend off bids for Jabo Ibehre
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Saved Silloth Carnival ready to entertain
- Brothers are first people to swim entire length of River Eden
- Future of Cumbrian care home still in doubt after damning report
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)