Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (5 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (39 comments)
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with