Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle's Sands Centre axes its creche (20 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre could be knocked down (86 comments)
- The big interview: Carlisle United’s supporters’ trust (17 comments)
- Go-ahead for 825 new homes at Morton in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Primark targets site for Carlisle city centre store (85 comments)
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (20 comments)