Man charged after fatal road crash in west Cumbria
Published at 13:15, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 61-year-old man.
Lee Thomas Walley, 35, of Beverley Close, Workington, was bailed by West Allerdale magistrates to return to Carlisle Crown Court on May 28.
The charge follows a road smash on Honister Drive, Workington, on March 7 in which James McKenzie, of Furness Drive, Workington, died.
Mr McKenzie was driving a blue Ford Focus on Honister Drive when it was in a collision with a silver VW Golf just after 2pm.
The driver of the Golf suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Death of Carlisle character who fought his cancer (3 comments)
- Carlisle Utd directors in dark about identity of 'billionaire' investor
- Passionate pleas to stop closure of Cumbrian care homes
- Big legal bill for Cumbrian man after garden gate battle
- Sign of the times as Cumbrian cinema set to swap film for digital (3 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (137 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (106 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (35 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)