Man accused of affray at Carlisle petrol station
Last updated at 14:04, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A man has appeared in court accused of causing an affray by brandishing a lighter at a Carlisle petrol station.
Dean Beaty, 28, of Raffles Avenue, Raffles, entered no plea during his brief appearance before magistrates today.
He was remanded in custody after magistrates ruled that the case was so serious it should be sent to Carlisle Crown Court, where the defendant’s plea will be taken by a judge. The date of that hearing was set for May 13.
Prosecutors say the offence alleged happened on Sunday. Beaty spoke only to confirm his name and address.
First published at 14:01, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)