Man accused of affray at Carlisle petrol station
Last updated at 14:04, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A man has appeared in court accused of causing an affray by brandishing a lighter at a Carlisle petrol station.
Dean Beaty, 28, of Raffles Avenue, Raffles, entered no plea during his brief appearance before magistrates today.
He was remanded in custody after magistrates ruled that the case was so serious it should be sent to Carlisle Crown Court, where the defendant’s plea will be taken by a judge. The date of that hearing was set for May 13.
Prosecutors say the offence alleged happened on Sunday. Beaty spoke only to confirm his name and address.
First published at 14:01, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Yobs slaughter animals in sick allotment attack (35 comments)
- Parking fees will kill my business, says Carlisle gym owner (60 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (3 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (26 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (35 comments)