Man accused of affray at Carlisle petrol station
Last updated at 14:04, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A man has appeared in court accused of causing an affray by brandishing a lighter at a Carlisle petrol station.
Dean Beaty, 28, of Raffles Avenue, Raffles, entered no plea during his brief appearance before magistrates today.
He was remanded in custody after magistrates ruled that the case was so serious it should be sent to Carlisle Crown Court, where the defendant’s plea will be taken by a judge. The date of that hearing was set for May 13.
Prosecutors say the offence alleged happened on Sunday. Beaty spoke only to confirm his name and address.
First published at 14:01, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)