Lee Miller keen to link with Joe Garner at Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 11:34, Friday, 16 November 2012
Lee Miller revealed he would love the chance to pair up with his old strike partner Joe Garner at Carlisle United.
Miller hopes to be back at the start of December after an eight-month injury nightmare with groin and ankle injuries.
The big Scottish targetman is regaining full fitness following an operation on the ankle he injured on the opening day of the season.
In his absence, Garner has scored seven goals in 12 games after arriving on loan from Watford to act as cover.
United boss Greg Abbott will open talks on extending Garner’s two-month stay after Tuesday’s home clash with Doncaster.
Watford boss Gianfranco Zola is set to give Carlisle the go-ahead to keep Garner, who has scored five goals in the last five games.
That could open up the tantalising possibility of Garner and Miller being paired together in a reprise of their strike partnership at Scunthorpe United.
Miller said: “We played really well together and it would be great to do that again.
“It was a good partnership we had going as we complemented each other.”
United will assess experienced pair Paul Thirlwell and Matty Robson ahead of tomorrow’s home clash. They returned to training this week after missing recent games with back and ankle injuries respectively.
Abbott will leave a decision on whether to include them until as late as possible.
First published at 11:32, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Jobs under threat at Willmott Dixon (4 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (14 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (147 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)