Kid goals Sam to Kop award from King Kenny
Published at 00:00, Wednesday, 15 November 2006
By Patrick Hill
CUMBRIAN soccer starlet Sam Gainford will meet Kop legend Kenny Dalglish on the pitch at Anfield in front of 45,000 full house this month.
Sam, 11, from Whitehaven, is a member of Liverpool's Youth Academy and has been named their player of the month for October.
The sharp-shooter, who scored more than 100 goals in Cumbrian junior football before joining the Reds, will receive a certificate from Dalglish at half-time during Liverpool's home Premiership clash with Portsmouth on Wednesday November 29.
He will also receive a bag of Adidas clothing and VIP players’ lounge passes for him and his proud mum Gayle. Sam’s dad Steve, who follows Liverpool home and away, will watch from his usual seat at Anfield because Sam can only be accompanied by one guest.
“I will go in my usual seat and tell everyone my son will be presented to the crowd at half-time,” he said.
“Tears of pride will probably follow his arrival on the pitch!” The family quit their home in Cumbria to be with Sam while he was a youngster traning with Liverpool to back his bid to become a pro with Liverpool.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Tribute to 'brave' Cumbrian parents whose baby died soon after birth
- Advertising campaign to attract new students to Cumbria university
- School reunion raises money for Carlisle meningitis victim
- Civic centre demolished in master plan for flood zone
- I was 'stitched up' on Channel 4 Come Dine With Me show, claims Carlisle man
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (11 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)