Kid goals Sam to Kop award from King Kenny
Published at 00:00, Wednesday, 15 November 2006
By Patrick Hill
CUMBRIAN soccer starlet Sam Gainford will meet Kop legend Kenny Dalglish on the pitch at Anfield in front of 45,000 full house this month.
Sam, 11, from Whitehaven, is a member of Liverpool's Youth Academy and has been named their player of the month for October.
The sharp-shooter, who scored more than 100 goals in Cumbrian junior football before joining the Reds, will receive a certificate from Dalglish at half-time during Liverpool's home Premiership clash with Portsmouth on Wednesday November 29.
He will also receive a bag of Adidas clothing and VIP players’ lounge passes for him and his proud mum Gayle. Sam’s dad Steve, who follows Liverpool home and away, will watch from his usual seat at Anfield because Sam can only be accompanied by one guest.
“I will go in my usual seat and tell everyone my son will be presented to the crowd at half-time,” he said.
“Tears of pride will probably follow his arrival on the pitch!” The family quit their home in Cumbria to be with Sam while he was a youngster traning with Liverpool to back his bid to become a pro with Liverpool.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)