Kid goals Sam to Kop award from King Kenny
Published at 00:00, Wednesday, 15 November 2006
By Patrick Hill
CUMBRIAN soccer starlet Sam Gainford will meet Kop legend Kenny Dalglish on the pitch at Anfield in front of 45,000 full house this month.
Sam, 11, from Whitehaven, is a member of Liverpool's Youth Academy and has been named their player of the month for October.
The sharp-shooter, who scored more than 100 goals in Cumbrian junior football before joining the Reds, will receive a certificate from Dalglish at half-time during Liverpool's home Premiership clash with Portsmouth on Wednesday November 29.
He will also receive a bag of Adidas clothing and VIP players’ lounge passes for him and his proud mum Gayle. Sam’s dad Steve, who follows Liverpool home and away, will watch from his usual seat at Anfield because Sam can only be accompanied by one guest.
“I will go in my usual seat and tell everyone my son will be presented to the crowd at half-time,” he said.
“Tears of pride will probably follow his arrival on the pitch!” The family quit their home in Cumbria to be with Sam while he was a youngster traning with Liverpool to back his bid to become a pro with Liverpool.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (9 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (31 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)