Great Trail Challenge to take place in and around Keswick
Last updated at 12:22, Monday, 06 February 2012
A new off-road running event will take place in Keswick in June.
The Karrimor Great Trail Challenge will take place on Sunday, June 17, with 10k, half marathon and marathon distances – all starting and finishing in Fitz Park, Keswick.
The course will consist of a long scenic lap, taking in views of Keswick, Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite from the path below Skiddaw, with a slightly shorter lap to accommodate the 10k trail.
The half marathon runners will cover one large and one short lap, with the marathon runners tackling two large laps and two short laps.
Entries are available at www.greattrailchallenge.org
Karrimor, specialists in outdoor clothing, are to sponsor the event. Pete Gostling, marketing manager, said: “The Great Trail Challenge seeks to entice the more adventurous of runners to take to the beautiful Cumbrian hills to embrace a new challenge. It’s great to be involved with such an interesting event.”
Organisers are Nova, who are behind some of Britain’s biggest mass participation events, and who also organise the British Gas Great North Swim at Windermere, which will be staged the following weekend.
First published at 11:24, Monday, 06 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Curle: Assistant Colin West has been given "a couple of days off"
- Striker Ibehre eyeing promotion with Carlisle Utd
- Rain buckets down as Silloth Green hosts live performance of The Tempest
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)