Gold star for Carlisle pub in national loo awards
Last updated at 08:45, Thursday, 08 November 2012
A Carlisle pub is flushed with success after being honoured for its toilets this week.
The William Rufus in Botchergate won a gold star rating in the Loo of the Year Awards 2012.
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of ‘away from home’ toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at across the UK.
All of the toilets are graded from bronze to gold with unacceptable toilets not graded at all.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
The William Rufus, a Wetherspoon pub, is managed by Matheu Potts.
He said: “I am delighted with the award. Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
First published at 08:35, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)