Gang ties up man during robbery in north Cumbria
Published at 14:14, Monday, 26 November 2012
A man was tied up and threatened during a robbery in north Cumbria.
Three men - all wearing balaclavas - tied up the 61-year-old during a raid on a property in Station Road, Appleby, at 8.45pm on Friday.
The trio were all carrying weapons and demanded money, say police, who have issued an urgent appeal for information about the incident.
The man managed to escape and raise the alarm and the offenders fled the scene. He was left very distressed and upset.
The robbers were dressed in dark clothing and, as well as the balaclavas, were wearing gloves.
Detective Chief Inspector Lee Johnson said: “This was a frightening ordeal for the victim and we are making a number of inquiries to establish who was involved.
“We believe the offenders used a green Ford Focus to drive to the location and we would appeal to anyone who saw this vehicle in the area to get in contact so that we can trace their movements."
Anyone with any information should call Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (1 comment)
- Breaking: Carlisle turn down Kyle Dempsey bid
- Wife's tribute to 'amazing dad' who died on way home from gym
- Atkinson: My short-term Carlisle Utd deal is great incentive
- Hair today gone tomorrow in bid to help soldiers and their families