Funeral date set for Cumbrian fire tragedy gran
Last updated at 12:31, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
The funeral of a grandmother who died after reportedly setting herself on fire will take place next week.
Related: Woman dies in fire tragedy
Marjorie Anne Ridley, 68, died at her home in Roweltown, near Carlisle, on Sunday morning.
Emergency services confirmed they were called to the farm where she lived, following reports she had set herself alight.
Despite their efforts, nothing could be done and Mrs Ridley was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mrs Ridley leaves a husband, Keith, daughters Carole and Angela, five grandchildren. Her death notice said she was also a much loved great grandmother.
Neighbours had previously described her as a “lovely woman” and spoke of their shock.
Her funeral service will be held at Carlisle Crematorium at 12.20pm on Tuesday. The family have requested family flowers only, but donations if desired can be sent to the air ambulance and Carlisle MIND.
First published at 12:29, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (26 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)