Free online advice for new Cumbrian businesses
Last updated at 14:33, Wednesday, 15 February 2012
New businesses in Cumbria are being offered free online advice by the Institute of Directors (IoD).
The IoD has launched ‘Start Up Smart Up’ which it says gives “simple, impartial and practical advice” on setting up and growing a business.
Tony Attard, IoD north west chairman, said: “We are a nation of entrepreneurs and innovators, but people are often not succeeding in business due to a lack of basic knowledge.
“Start Up Smart Up provides a portal where people who are thinking of setting up or are in the early stages of developing a business can get some free impartial and practical advice on some of the key areas. This will hopefully increase their chances of business success and survival.”
The service, launched during Global Enterprise Week, is available at www.iod.com/startupsmartup
First published at 11:29, Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Driver's anger at parking charge - after buying ticket on Carlisle car park (21 comments)
- Carnival fun in the sun at Silloth
- Girl, 17, about to have first driving lesson airlifted to hospital after crash
- Couple reveal plans to restore village pub to its former glory
- Future of Cumbrian care home still in doubt after damning report