Former Carlisle Utd striker Danny Graham linked with Sunderland
Last updated at 16:04, Friday, 11 January 2013
Former Carlisle United striker Danny Graham is being lined up for a return to the north-east with Sunderland.
The Swansea frontman, who scored at Chelsea on Wednesday in their 2-0 Capital One Cup semi-final first leg victory, is being heavily linked with a move to the Stadium of Light.
A move for Graham, who scored 40 goals in 113 games for Carlisle, could hinge on Swansea’s attempted capture of Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.
Manager Michael Laudrup has refused to rule out a departure for Graham, who has returned to form with four goals in successive games after being kept in the shade by Michu for much of the campaign.
Another former Blues forward, Nahki Wells, also hit the headlines in the cup and is said to be attracting interest.
The Bermudan, who made only three appearances for Carlisle, scored to help Bradford to a stunning 3-1 first-leg win against Aston Villa.
Huddersfield, Leeds and Wolves are now said to be keeping tabs on 22-year-old Wells, though Bradford say they have yet to receive any bid for the 16-goal man.
First published at 15:38, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Shabby-chic furniture for sale at new Carlisle shop
- Carlisle prostitute stole from elderly man after sex - court
- Teenager admits two counts of raping woman
- Cumbrian pensioner spent six weeks living in car in London in bid to recover life savings
- Deadline for Carlisle Airport objections passes with no legal challenge (9 comments)
- Windfall for Cumbria as four-year deal struck with Tour of Britain (25 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (27 comments)
- Carlisle can't cope with any more budget supermarkets - claim (41 comments)