Former Carlisle Utd striker Danny Graham linked with Sunderland
Last updated at 16:04, Friday, 11 January 2013
Former Carlisle United striker Danny Graham is being lined up for a return to the north-east with Sunderland.
The Swansea frontman, who scored at Chelsea on Wednesday in their 2-0 Capital One Cup semi-final first leg victory, is being heavily linked with a move to the Stadium of Light.
A move for Graham, who scored 40 goals in 113 games for Carlisle, could hinge on Swansea’s attempted capture of Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.
Manager Michael Laudrup has refused to rule out a departure for Graham, who has returned to form with four goals in successive games after being kept in the shade by Michu for much of the campaign.
Another former Blues forward, Nahki Wells, also hit the headlines in the cup and is said to be attracting interest.
The Bermudan, who made only three appearances for Carlisle, scored to help Bradford to a stunning 3-1 first-leg win against Aston Villa.
Huddersfield, Leeds and Wolves are now said to be keeping tabs on 22-year-old Wells, though Bradford say they have yet to receive any bid for the 16-goal man.
First published at 15:38, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- I was 'stitched up' on Channel 4 Come Dine With Me show, claims Carlisle man
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)