Former Carlisle Utd defender out of Tranmere's trip to Brunton Park
Last updated at 14:30, Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Former Carlisle United favourite David Raven is out of Tranmere’s trip to Brunton Park tonight as the injury-hit Wirral side bid to ease the pressure on boss Les Parry.
Defender Raven has undergone a double hernia operation and been ruled out for four to six weeks.
With United’s visitors also missing key men Enoch Showunmi (leg) and Zoumana Bakayogo (shin) they are desperate for a change of fortune.
Parry’s men have taken just seven points from their last 14 games and have no wins in seven.
The former physio recently hit out at unnamed former managers who he accused of putting their names forward for a job he has no wish to vacate.
But he knows he must deliver with some fans calling for his head.
“Football management is so different to anything else,” Parry said. “There is no other job where people shout for you to get the sack and lose your livelihood.
“You have to put up with these things. You know what can happen when you accept the job.
Stoke loanee Ryan Brunt could start in attack for the visitors.
First published at 11:27, Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Campaigner who says sheep wreck Cumbrian fells faces farmers (3 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Carlisle gears up for house-building boom
- Carlisle car salesman told to move vehicles 'stored' on village field
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (25 comments)