Former Carlisle United striker Gary Madine could return to League One
Last updated at 11:49, Saturday, 10 November 2012
Gary Madine could be poised for a return to League One after it emerged the striker is in talks with Swindon.
The former Carlisle United frontman could make a loan move to Paolo Di Canio’s side after the Robins had a transfer embargo lifted.
Controversial Madine – due in court next week charged with affray – has scored just once for Sheffield Wednesday in 15 outings this season.
He fired 18 to help the Owls to promotion last season but has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Championship.
A short-term loan to Swindon could put Madine in opposition to his former club, with Carlisle due to visit the County Ground on January 5.
But any move could hinge on the outcome of his appearance at Leeds Crown Court next Tuesday.
The 22-year-old is charged with affray and intent to cause grievous bodily harm, in connection with an incident in Sheffield in March.
First published at 10:29, Saturday, 10 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- The Cumberland Show 2015: In pictures (2 comments)
- Ten questions Carlisle Utd supporters want answered (59 comments)
- Tributes flood in for murdered Carlisle schoolboy Jordan Watson (50 comments)