Romantic proposal will win day at races
Published at 21:10, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
THE region’s top wedding show takes place in April with a chance for a romantic couple to win a special prize.
Your Wedding Show is the new name for Cumbria’s premier wedding event Live the Dream and takes place at Carlisle Racecourse on Sunday April 15.
There are lots of ways to say ‘will you marry me?’, whether it’s over a romantic meal at home or writing a message in the air with a sky writer and Your Wedding Show is searching for Cumbria’s most romantic proposal. The finalists will be invited to the show in April to be VIP guests and then the winning couple will be announced and they’ll walk away with a fantastic prize of a romantic day out to remember.
They’ll be wined and dined at a Carlisle race day of their choice, will have a race named after them and the chance to judge the best turned-out horse.
To enter the romantic proposals competition, simply write in no more than 200 words how your partner proposed.
Please give as many details as you can, get your partner’s approval and enclose a photograph (non returnable).
By entering the competition you agree to have your story published and, if voted a finalist, will attend April’s Your Wedding Show as a at Carlisle Racecourse.
Send your entry to: Romantic Proposal, Your Wedding Show, Newspaper House, Dalston Road, Carlisle CA2 5UA.
Tickets for Your Wedding Show are on sale now at offices of Cumbrian Newspapers in Carlisle, Workington and Whitehaven and cost £5 each or there’s a special offer of buy two and get one free for £10, available until Friday April 6.
“It may be a new name but we retain an enviable reputation for being the area’s number one choice for brides and grooms-to-be,” says David McNeill, manager of event organiser cnevents. “It’s a delight to watch beaming smiles on the faces of brides-to-be as they wander around the exhibition halls and I love to see the excitement when they spot a designer wedding gown on the catwalk that they simply have to have.
“We get almost as much pleasure as they do.”
The show runs from 10am to 4.30pm.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- From Carlisle airport to New York for just £200? (23 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (25 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (53 comments)
- £6m primary school planned for Carlisle (18 comments)
- German firm unveils plans for huge solar park near Carlisle (4 comments)
- Residents want action over Silloth’s ‘nauseating’ pong (9 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
- Carlisle's Labour Party backs Jeremy Corbyn leadership bid (32 comments)