Marie Strowger and Warren Rooney
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 02 April 2012
Marie Strowger, 34, housewife and Warren Rooney, 40, director of Budget Buy Tyres, Newcastle, live in Carlisle.
HOW THEY MET: Through friends Marie and Nigel Minns who took them on a blind date.
PROPOSAL: On Christmas Eve 2004 in Carlisle.
VENUE: Crown and Mitre Hotel, Carlisle.
THEME: Vintage, tyres, champagne gold and ivory.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: A strapless ivory Amanda Wyatt gown with pleated embroidered bodice with pearl detail, gathered side with tulle underlay with lace jacket, cathedral length veil with scattered Swarovski diamantes, all from Carol Roberts Couture Bridal, Carlisle.
GROOMSMEN: The groom’s brother Pete Rooney and groom’s best friend Richard Longstaff were best men and ushers were the bride’s brother Jake Strowger, the groom’s brothers Jonah Dixon and Bryan Rooney and the bride and groom’s son Danny Rooney and the groom’s son Nathan Rooney.
They wore black pinstripe tail suits with champagne gold cravat and waistcoat hired from Debenhams.
BRIDESMAIDS: The bride’s sisters Kailey and Erika Strowger and the groom’s niece Hayley Murdoch were bridesmaids and wore strapless satin sweetheart neckline toffee coloured dresses with ivory sash and bow from Carol Roberts Couture Bridal.
Abbie, Kayleigh and Sophie Rooney, Chloe Irving, Lilly Smith and Amber Smith were flower girls and wore Leila champagne gold dresses from BHS.
FLOWERS: Roses supplied by NNE’s Wedding Ideas, Dumfries and carnations for buttonholes.
RECEPTION: Crown and Mitre Hotel for a wedding breakfast for 85 guests and an evening reception and buffet.
TABLE SETTINGS: Wine glass charms made by the bride, candelabras supplied by NNE’s Wedding Ideas and vintage birdcages on the top table.
Tables were named after tyres.
FAVOURS: Lottery tickets for the men and butterfly Cancer Research badges for the women.
CAKE: A three-tier tyre cake with a Mr & Mrs Michelin topper by Baby Cakes and a birdcage cake.
FIRST DANCE: Make You Feel My Love, Adele.
ENTERTAINMENT: Aztec disco and entertainment for the children by Party Fun from Carlisle.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Picture U, Carlisle.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Precious Portraits.
First published at 21:05, Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (39 comments)
- Carlisle council to invest millions of pounds outside Cumbria (8 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Cumbria council's new £10m headquarters move step closer (29 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)