Marie Strowger and Warren Rooney
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 02 April 2012
Marie Strowger, 34, housewife and Warren Rooney, 40, director of Budget Buy Tyres, Newcastle, live in Carlisle.
HOW THEY MET: Through friends Marie and Nigel Minns who took them on a blind date.
PROPOSAL: On Christmas Eve 2004 in Carlisle.
VENUE: Crown and Mitre Hotel, Carlisle.
THEME: Vintage, tyres, champagne gold and ivory.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: A strapless ivory Amanda Wyatt gown with pleated embroidered bodice with pearl detail, gathered side with tulle underlay with lace jacket, cathedral length veil with scattered Swarovski diamantes, all from Carol Roberts Couture Bridal, Carlisle.
GROOMSMEN: The groom’s brother Pete Rooney and groom’s best friend Richard Longstaff were best men and ushers were the bride’s brother Jake Strowger, the groom’s brothers Jonah Dixon and Bryan Rooney and the bride and groom’s son Danny Rooney and the groom’s son Nathan Rooney.
They wore black pinstripe tail suits with champagne gold cravat and waistcoat hired from Debenhams.
BRIDESMAIDS: The bride’s sisters Kailey and Erika Strowger and the groom’s niece Hayley Murdoch were bridesmaids and wore strapless satin sweetheart neckline toffee coloured dresses with ivory sash and bow from Carol Roberts Couture Bridal.
Abbie, Kayleigh and Sophie Rooney, Chloe Irving, Lilly Smith and Amber Smith were flower girls and wore Leila champagne gold dresses from BHS.
FLOWERS: Roses supplied by NNE’s Wedding Ideas, Dumfries and carnations for buttonholes.
RECEPTION: Crown and Mitre Hotel for a wedding breakfast for 85 guests and an evening reception and buffet.
TABLE SETTINGS: Wine glass charms made by the bride, candelabras supplied by NNE’s Wedding Ideas and vintage birdcages on the top table.
Tables were named after tyres.
FAVOURS: Lottery tickets for the men and butterfly Cancer Research badges for the women.
CAKE: A three-tier tyre cake with a Mr & Mrs Michelin topper by Baby Cakes and a birdcage cake.
FIRST DANCE: Make You Feel My Love, Adele.
ENTERTAINMENT: Aztec disco and entertainment for the children by Party Fun from Carlisle.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Picture U, Carlisle.
VIDEOGRAPHER: Precious Portraits.
First published at 21:05, Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Heads lead by example, raising £1,030 conquering Scafell Pike
- Cumbrian farmers' concern over zero-tolerance enforcement of sheep tagging
- Radio 1’s Fearne Cotton becomes latest Carlisle United recruit
- Castle ruins survived to be preserved for Penrith
- Saucy Cumbrian young farmers calendar raises cash for cancer charity
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)