More mortgages available
Last updated at 15:17, Friday, 12 October 2012
The housing market is expected to see a stronger end to the year thanks to the prospect of greater mortgage availability on the back of recent Government initiatives, a survey of estate agents revealed this week.
Chartered surveyors’ expectations for future sales reached their highest level in September for more than two years, the RICS UK housing market survey said, as a net balance of 26 per cent more respondents predicted sales to grow in the last quarter of the year.
This cautious optimism was also reflected in surveyors’ price predictions, with nine per cent more respondents expecting prices to fall over the coming three months. While still in negative territory, this is the most positive reading since the time of the expiry of March’s stamp duty holiday, RICS said.
Last month, prices in the UK housing market continued to fall, albeit at a slower pace than in previous months. Demand from potential buyers remained stable in most parts of the country with four per cent more surveyors across the UK seeing increases in new buyer enquiries.
First published at 13:55, Friday, 12 October 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Have your say
- BMX teens doing stunts on roof of Cumbrian school (1 comment)
- Your pond life is no match to majesty of our lakes (2 comments)
- Carlisle 'bypass' cutting congestion through city (17 comments)
- Luxury apartments plan in Cumbrian village (3 comments)
- Quarter of small Cumbrian businesses optimistic (2 comments)
More advice from the experts
- Business health check will prove a real tonic
- The ins and outs of inheritance tax
- Making the switch is simpler than you think
- Beware ‘pension liberation’ firms
- Getting on that property ladder
- Understand the risks of investing
- Benefit’s ceased to be child’s play
- Food for thought on saving money
- Keep a clear conscience and still make money
- Know your obligations and you’ll stay out of trouble
- New landmark building planned for Botchergate in Carlisle (25 comments)
- Cumbrian garage owner selling up due to supermarket competition (11 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Talkin Tarn hotel for sale - again (2 comments)
- Carlisle United survey: Results in full (23 comments)