Fashion designer Karl Bowman's latest range on the Carlisle catwalk
Last updated at 12:47, Monday, 04 March 2013
A fashion guru hopes that he’ll be able to bring a touch of Paris or London to Cumbria.
Bespoke designer Karl Bowman worked around the clock to put on a catwalk show on Saturday and says it was worth all the effort.
The former show-jumper put together a collection of womenswear which was inspired by sculptures and the Olympics.
Before the event at the garden@eden, Newby Grange, near Carlisle, Karl revealed that preparations had been hectic with little time for sleep or relaxation.
He said: “I’m really happy with how everything went; it was well received.
“You don’t get anywhere without hard graft but it was worth all the work. You only get out what you put in.”
Karl, of Penrith, was delighted that 380 people attended the show, with 67 pieces from his collection modelled by local talent.
He turned to the world of fashion after making a dress for his mum.
As for future plans, he’s keeping his lips sealed.
But Karl, 27, did say that he hoped Carlisle could become a more thriving base for fashion.
The area isn’t known for its regular catwalk shows but Karl would like to change that.
He explained: “I’d really like to bring a little taster of London and Paris to Cumbria.
“I got really good feedback and I was pleased at how everyone received it. There was a great atmosphere.”
Last summer, Karl designed winning dresses and hats at the Ultimate Ladies Night at Carlisle Races.
The evening was compered by the News & Star’s Amanda Little.
First published at 11:28, Monday, 04 March 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (11 comments)
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Tories choose their Workington candidate for General Election (15 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)